Tuesday, April 2, 2013

C4K comments for March

#6

My student,  William, is a middle schooler in Atlanta, GA in Dr. Kelley Theodocian's classroom. William has a meeting in the gym where they did an adult exercise. In this activity, they showed William what it would be like to be an adult. They gave him money, a child, and a job. He had to decide what to do with his money. They also showed him that each of his paychecks would be tax deducted.

I told William what a great job he was doing, while exclaiming that he try to stay as young as he can for as long as he can. I also reminded him to break his sentences up so that he did not have run-on sentences.


#7

My student, Logan , in Ms. King's class in room 15 at Pt. England School wrote a short story about a boy Sam and his dog, Nike. Nike was an amazing dog that learned how to surf. After surfing, Nike became famous on T.V and everyone loved him. Logan did a really good job, he is in grade 8 and coming along very nicely with his education. I told him what a great story he developed and gave him a congrats. Logan's favorite subject is art, I'm assuming he drew this dog surfing himself. I was impressed, I could never draw anything that well. I made sure to tell him to keep it up.






#8

My student, Zoey F, in Mr. Boylen's 8th grade Language Arts class in Iowa wrote a very short summary on this book "Old Magic". She did not state who the author was so I know very little about the book; only what she states in her summary. Her summary wasn't too bad, she just needed a little more detail and to proofread. I told her exactly that in my comment. The story was about a boy and a girl. Jarrod and Kate. Jarrod is new in school and Kate likes him. The story seemed like a spin off of "Twilight" by her summary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment