Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blog Post #13


Part #1 Learning is Messy



This is an interesting video created TEDxDenver of Mr. Brian Crosby and his awesome 4th grade class. In this video Mr. Crosby focuses on one balloon project that his students conducted. The best part about the video was when he showed the balloon going into the Earth's atmosphere. The kids even got to attach cameras to the balloons to get awesome arial shots! I'm so jealous.

Part #2

Mr. Paul Anderson created this video about Blended Learning Cycle and the cycle he created to do it with. We have learned about Blending Learning where teachers take online, mobile, and classroom all together. He tells us the best cycle he uses in his AP Science class is called Engage-Explore-Explain-Expand-Evaluate. He then goes saying he uses the acronym QUIVERS. QUIVERS stands for: Questions, Investigation/Inquiry, Video, Elaboration, Review, Summary quiz. He uses an oilers disc and a mirror as his example.

I think this is a great way to teach and to learn. EDM310 is a blended learning classroom even though we spend most of the time out of class teaching ourselves. I like using technology and I like being able to learn things my own way. I hope to do this in my future classroom. I believe technology is a great thing and every classroom should make it useful in an educational way. I love the new SmartBoards and iPads. Technology is taking over, we must take advantage of its' uses.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Samantha,

    I agree with you on thinking that Mr. Andersen's blended learning is a great way to teach and to learn! He sums it up where it is easy to follow and understand which I like. Great post!

    However, don't forget to go back and do part one of this blog assignment. It is due by Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete